The India-Russia Military Industrial Conference was on 17 March 2017 jointly inaugurated by the Union Minister of Defence, Finance and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley and Russia’s Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturovon in New Delhi.
On the sidelines of the conference, two agreements were signed between Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and United Aircraft Corporation and United Engine Corporation of Russia.
The agreements are related to general terms and conditions governing long term supply of spares and rendering technical assistance over five years for the Su-30 MKI aircraft.
Highlights of India-Russia Military Industrial Conference
• The primary objective of the conference is to address issues related to life-cycle support and maintenance of major Russian-origin equipments and platforms such as SU-30 MKI aircraft, Mi-17 Helicopters, MiG-29K aircraft, INS Vikramaditya and T-90 tanks.
• Apart from the deliberations on various policy issues, break-out sessions on aerospace, naval systems and land systems were also held.
• About 150 representatives from Russia participated in the conference, which included over 100 representatives from its defence industry.
• Representatives of major Russian companies including United Aircraft Corporation, United Engine Corporation, RAC MiG, Russian Helicopters and Ural Vagonzavod participated in the conference.
• From the Indian side, over 100 private companies including several small and medium enterprises (SMEs) participated in the conference.
• The conference was organised by the Department of Defence Production of the Union Ministry of Defence.
Where: New Delhi
When: 17-18 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.