Hockey Olympian Joe Antic passed away on 12 July 2016 in Mumbai. He was 90.
Antic represented the country in the Rome Games where Pakistan won the final between the arch-foes 1-0.
The hockey player was also a part of the hockey squad that finished runner-up, again to Pakistan, in the Asian Games at Jakarta.
About Joe Antic
• Joseph Anthony Antic was an Indian field hockey player.
• He was born on 13 March 1931 in Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh.
• He won a silver medal at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome.
• He had retired from Western Railway in the mid-1980s.
• He was one of the coaches in the Indian team’s World Cup camp in 1973.
• Later, he became the national coach of the Oman team that took part in the 1982 Asian Games in Delhi.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 12 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.