Indo-US joint military training 'Exercise Yudh Abhyas - 2017' will be conducted at Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington, USA from 14 to 27 September 2017 as a part of the ongoing defence cooperation between India and the United States (US).
This will be the 13th edition of Exercise Yudh Abhyas that is hosted alternately between the two countries.
Exercise Yudh Abhyas is one of the largest joint military training and defence corporation programme between India and US.
Highlights of the Exercise Yudh Abhyas
• Exercise Yudh Abhyas will provide an opportunity to the armed forces of both countries to train in an integrated manner at Battalion level with joint planning at Brigade level.
• Multiple scenarios will be rehearsed during the joint exercise with a view to understand each-other’s organisational structure and battle procedures.
• The exercise is an ideal platform to learn from each-other’s experiences of planning and execution of operations.
• Both the armies will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed operations for neutralisation of threats of varied nature.
• At the end, a joint exercise will be undertaken by both countries in an operational setting under a UN mandate.
• Experts from both sides will hold expert academic and military discussions to share each other’s experiences on varied topics for mutual benefit.
What: To be conducted
When: 14 September 2017