India’s second largest IT services company Infosys on 20 August 2015 launched Aikido, three enhanced service offerings in design thinking, platforms and knowledge-based IT (KBIT).
AIkido services are aimed at helping its clients address three key aspects of their business. The three service offerings are Ki in Knowledge-Based IT, Do in Design Thinking, and Ai in Platforms.
Two out of the three new services will be offered by Infosys Consulting, headed by Sanjay Purohit.
• The first of the services is Ki, it is a large-scale, modular service to help renew enterprise landscapes.
• The services will include knowledge-based IT strategy, knowledge curation services, knowledge-based cost optimization.
• It aims to help enterprises renew their mainframe applications, support cost optimisation and drive automation in business operations.
• The second service Do refers to the service offering on Design Thinking and design-led initiatives.
• Do service will provide Infosys the framework for finding, understanding and defining the problems that are most important to clients and their businesses.
• Ai refers to platform and platforms as a service to build intelligent solutions.
• This will include the Infosys-automation platform, Panaya and other offerings in the engineering services, BPO and testing space.
• Mobile platforms based on Skava also come under this new service.
Jointly, Ai, Ki and Do together form Aikido, the east Asian martial arts and just as Aikido aims to understand the forces, and redirect these it into a fundamental strength.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App