International Seminar on Indian Space Programme inaugurated in Delhi
The International Seminar on Indian Space Programme: ‘Trends and Opportunities for Industry’ was inaugurated in New Delhi. The main objective of the two-day conference was to deliberate on the best practises and pursue ongoing discussion process to support further work of India's Space Sector.
The International Seminar on Indian Space Programme: ‘Trends and Opportunities for Industry’ was inaugurated in New Delhi on 20 November 2017.
The seminar was organised by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Antrix Corporation Limited (the commercial arm of ISRO) in coordination with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
The objective of the two-day conference was to:
- Deliberate on the best practices.
- Pursue ongoing discussion process to support further work of India's Space Sector.
- Facilitate arriving at a rational framework where in India's Space Sector can start expanding the domestic and global opportunities through enhanced partnerships and collaborations.
The seminar mainly aims to highlight the achievements and major milestones of Indian Space Sector in recent past and the future programs and plans.
It also provided a platform to stakeholders from industry, policy makers, thought leaders and academia to brainstorm on the enabling and encouraging policies of the Union Government to exploit the commercial space segment by Indian Industry targeting both domestic and international market.
• The seminar included sessions on Space Industry Ecosystem: Role and Opportunities for Industry, Leveraging Public-Private Partnership for Indian Space Programs, Capacity building and talent management and panel discussion on role of industry in Indian Space Program
• It saw participation from eminent speakers including M Annadurai, Director, ISRO Satellite Centre (Bangalore), P G Diwakar, Scientific Secretary, ISRO, SK Sivan, Director, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, P. Kunhikrishnan, Director, Satish Dhawan Space Centre and Tapan Mishra, Director, Space Applications Centre.
• The conference helped gain latest insight on the key thrust areas of Indian Space sector.
• It also provided access to latest current and future outlook of space sector and first hand information on the latest developments, technologies and innovations in the space sector.
• It was an ideal B2B forum that gave opportunity to all the stakeholders to know each other and discuss business opportunities.