Iran on 1 January 2012 test fired Ghader a surface-to-surface cruise missile in the international waters near the Strait of Hormuz. This action in the form of show of strength, Iran defied the pressures from International community to stop its nuclear programs.
• Ghader that means Capable in Farshi is a ground to ship cruise missile and can hit a target within a range of 200 kilometers.
• The missile is based on the latest technology like, radar system, satellite communication, target destruction precision, and is fitted with radar-evading system.
• It is capable of striking the naval vessels like frigates as well as warships
Strait of Hormuz
• It is a passageway for more than one-fifth of the world’s oil supply and is located between the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman
• The Strait of Hormuz is bordered by Iran on the North and United Arab Emirates as well as Musandam Pensinsula of Oman in the south