Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC), a Public Sector undertaking of the Ministry of Railways on 12 September 2013 launched the new application for Windows Phone and Windows 8 devices so as to facilitate the users with a new channel of booking e-tickets in addition to the existing portal. The new IRCTC-App, which was launched in collaboration with Microsoft, provides access to the IRCTC website all the time.
Highlights of the new application
• The new application is the alternative channel of booking and will provide the passengers with an additional convenience and better experience of booking e-ticket.
• The new application was launched by Rakesh Tandon, CMD, IRCTC along with Joseph Landes, General Manager – Developer and Platform Evangelism, Microsoft Corporation.
• The new application is made available exclusively for Windows devices, which means that the users of Windows Phone, Windows 8 Desktop/Tab can download this application absolutely free of cost as per their requirement from the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store respectively.
• The new application enables the users to plan a trip, make railway reservations, check the PNR status and perform all the tasks already available on the IRCTC website.
• The App will provide the users an enhanced experience of all IRCTC website services and will also offer a few exclusive services to the App users.
• The new and exciting features for the App-users will include Visual maps of train routes, Windows Phone live tiles (lighting up as train tickets) and access to saved traveler profiles from multiple devices.
• The application will be available for wide number of users because the Windows is a widely familiar platform.
• It offers the best in class, security required while handling personal and financial data of customers.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.