Jagran Josh Logo
  1. Home
  2.  |  
  3. Economy Current Affairs |  

IRCTC launched new application to book tickets for Black Berry smartphone users

Aug 29, 2014 09:09 IST

Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on 28 August 2014 launched a new application to book train tickets for Black Berry smartphone users. The application was launched with an eye on the growing usage of mobile applications.

The application (App) to be used for booking, the tickets on Blackberry can be downloaded from Blackberry Store on Blackberry-10 smartphones. To strengthen the ticketing site, Railway has invested about 100 crore rupees. As per IRCTC, the newly launched application is user friendly and easy to operate.


Reason behind launch of the application
The application was launched after IRCTC witnessed that the number of tickets booked through e-ticketing system on IRCTC website has gone up as many times, since capacity enhancement of the portal. As per the collected data, on an average about 7000 tickets are booked on the website per minute, which means about 5 lakh ticket booking on the daily basis.

There are about 31 crore reserve tickets being booked in a year out of which 55 per cent tickets are sold through windows. Of remaining 45 percent, about 37 percent tickets are booked online while remaining eight percent are booked by ticketing agents.

Is this article important for exams ? Yes24 People Agreed

Latest Videos

Register to get FREE updates

    All Fields Mandatory
  • (Ex:9123456789)
  • Please Select Your Interest
  • Please specify

  • ajax-loader
  • A verifcation code has been sent to
    your mobile number

    Please enter the verification code below

Newsletter Signup
Follow us on
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK