Yoshiko Yamaguchi, the film actress of Japan died due to heart failure on 7 September 2014. She was 94. She was known as Rikoran and Shirley Yamaguchi in the US.
Yamaguchi was one of biggest Japanese film stars during and after World War II.
About Yoshiko Yamaguchi
• She was born to Japanese parents in northern China in 1920 and was adopted by a Chinese friend of her father and was renamed Xianglan or Fragrant Orchid. She was a star in China, Japan, Hong Kong and the US.
• She debuted as a Chinese singer Li Xianglan Rikoran in Japanese and starred in Chinese-language films made by Japanese-run Manchurian Cinema Association, most of them was propaganda movies.
• Yue Lai Xiang is one of her best known songs and in Song of the White Orchid film she depicted a young Chinese woman who falls in love with a Japanese man after her family is killed by the Japanese.
• She also appeared in two Hollywood films namely Japanese War Bride and House of Bamboo during the 1950s.
• She was elected to Upper House of Japanese Parliament as a member of the governing Liberal Democratic Party till 1992.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.