Japan's Nozomi Okuhara, Kento Momota won singles titles at World Dubai Superseries Finals
Momota was the first Japanese player to win a medal in BWF World Championships 2015 held in Jakarta.
Japanese shuttlers Kento Momota and Nozomi Okuhara on 13 December 2015 won Men's singles and Women’s singles title respectively at the BWF World Superseries finals held at the Hamdan Sports Complex, Dubai.
Okuhara defeated China’s Wang Yihan by 22-20, 21-18 to grab the women’s singles crown. Not much later, Momota crushed Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen by 21-15, 21-12 and clinched the Men’s singles title.
About Kento Momota
• Born 1 September 1994, Kento Momota is known for his explosive movements on court and his unpredictable style of play.
• He was the winner all of the matches he competed in Japan's maiden Thomas Cup victory in 2014.
• He was the first Japanese player to win the Singapore Open.
• He was the first Japanese player to win a medal in BWF World Championships 2015 held in Jakarta.
About Nozomi Okuhara
• Born on 13 March 1995, Nozomi Okuhara is a female Japanese badminton player who is a singles specialist.
• In 2011, she became the youngest women's singles champion ever at the Japanese National Badminton Championships.
• In 2012, she won her first Grand Prix title at the 2012 Canada Open Grand Prix.
• She won her first BWF Super Series title at the 2015 Japan Super Series.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App