Jiji Thomson on 2 January 2015 resigned as Director General of Sports Authority of India (SAI) with immediate effect. Thomson took charge of SAI in March 2013.
He claimed that the central government delayed his promotion as Sports Secretary for six months before he finally requested for his immediate repatriation to his parent cadre in Kerala.
Jiji Thomson will now take over as Chief Secretary of Kerala on 31 January 2015.
• Jiji Thomson, a 1980 batch IAS officer of Kerala cadre, served as Secretary of Andhra Pradesh State Wakf Baord, Finance Department in 2000.
• He was the Managing Director of State Industrial Development Corporation from 2000 to 2003.
• He served as Agricultural Marketing Adviser for Union Ministry of Agriculture from 2008 to 2009.
• He was Special Director General of Organisation C Commonwealth Games under Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports from 2010 to 2012.
• From 2012 to 2013, Thomson served as the Managing Director of TRIFED under Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Who: Jiji Thomson
When: 2 January 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.