Jitu Rai won silver in 13th Asian Shooting Championship
Jitu Rai bagged the Silver by finishing second behind Korea's Park Daehun in the finals of the men's 50 metre pistol event.
Ace shooter Jitu Rai on 4 November 2015 won India's first senior medal at the 13th Asian Shooting Championship in Kuwait City. He bagged the silver in the finals of the men's 50 metre pistol event.
Korea’s Park Daehun, who won the gold medal of the event, shot finals world and Asian record score of 199.2, while Jitu finished with a finals score of 189.5.
In the process, Jitu defeated his long-time rivals Jin Jongoh of Korea and Vladimir Issachenko of Kazakhstan.
Apart from this, India also won four silver and two bronze medals in the junior events of the championships. In the women's 25 metre pistol event, Heena Sidhu, Gauri Sheoran and Annu Raj Singh could not qualify for the finals.
Results of some other shooting events
10m air rifle junior men's event
Junior Women's 50m Rifle Prone Event
|• Gold: Xuechao Qian of China
• Silver: Akhil Sheoran of India
• Bronze: Prashant of India
• Team silver: Akhil, Prashant and Pratik Borse of India
• Team bronze: Satyajeet Kandhol, Gajendra Rai and Babu Mithiliesh of India
|• Gold: Fatemeh Karamzadeh of Iran
• Silver: N Gayathri of India
• Bronze: Najmeh Khidmati of Iran
• Team Silver: Gayathri, Srinithi Venkatesh and Sonika
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App