Justice Dinesh Maheshwari sworn-in as Chief Justice of Meghalaya HC
Justice Maheshwari succeeds Justice Uma Nath Singh who retired as Chief Justice on 14 January 2016.
Justice Dinesh Maheshwari of Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court on 24 February 2016 was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of the Meghalaya High Court.
Maheshwari was administered the oath of office by state Governor V. Shanmuganathan.
Justice Maheshwari succeeds Justice Uma Nath Singh who retired as Chief Justice on 14 January 2016. Since then, Justice Sudip Ranjan Singh was serving as the acting Chief Justice of the state high court.
About Justice Dinesh Maheshwari
• Justice Maheshwari graduated in Law from Jodhpur University in 1980.
• He enrolled as an Advocate on 8 March 1981.
• He practised mainly on civil and constitutional sides.
• He took oath as judge of Rajasthan High Court on 2 September 2004.
• He was transferred to Allahabad High Court in 2014.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App