Justice Navin Sinha on 14 May 2016 was sworn-in as the new Chief Justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
Governor Kalyan Singh administered the oath to the new Chief Justice of the state High Court.
Sinha was appointed by President Pranab Mukherjee as per provisions Article 222 of Constitution after following recommendation of the Supreme Court collegium headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) T.S. Thakur.
Who is Justice Navin Sinha?
• Prior to the transfer to the Rajasthan High Court, Justice Navin Sinha served as the Chief Justice of the Chhattisgarh High Court.
• He obtained an LL.B. degree after completing a bachelor's degree in arts.
• He joined bar on 26 July 1979.
• He practised for 23 years primarily at Patna High Court and specialised in civil, constitutional, labour, service, commercial, company, criminal laws.
• He was made a permanent judge of Patna High Court on 4 February 2004.
• He was transferred to Chhattisgarh High Court on 9 July 2014.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Justice Navin Sinha
When: 14 May 2016