Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy was on 3 February 2016 appointed as Chief Justice of the Gujarat high Court with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office.
He would replace Justice Jayant M Patel, who has been acting Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court since 13 August 2015.
Prior to the appointment, he was Judge of the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
About Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy
• He was born in Kamaram village of Chinna Shankarampet Mandal of Medak District of then Andhra Pradesh and present Telangana state in 1957.
• He received his Law Degree from the University College of Law in Osmania University, Hyderabad.
• He started working as an Advocate of the Bar Council of Andhra Pradesh in October 1980.
• In his career, he practised in Civil, Criminal, Constitutional and almost all other branches of Law.
• He was elected as the President of the Andhra Pradesh High Court Advocates Association for 2001-2002.
• He was sworn in as Judge of High Court of Andhra Pradesh on 24 June 2004.
• He became the Additional Judge of High Court of Andhra Pradesh on 2 December 2012.
About High Court of Gujarat
• It was established on 1 May, 1960 as a result of bifurcation of the former State of Bombay into two States of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
• Justice Sunderlal Trikamlal Desai was the first Chief Justice of the High Court.
• It started functioning near Akashwani, Navrangpura in Ahmedabad later it was shifted to the new building at Sola in Ahmedabad on 16 January 1999.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 3 February 2016