The Indian Banks' Association (IBA) announced on 6 June 2013 that K R Kamath, the chairman and managing director of Punjab National Bank (PNB) was re-elected as the Chairman of IBA for 2013-14 tenure.
At the 66th annual general meeting, IBA also elected Aditya Puri, managing director and CEO of HDFC Bank, as its Deputy Chairman. Along with this, the Chairman of State Bank of India (SBI), Pratip Chaudhuri was elected as the Honorary Secretary.
The Indian Banks' Association (IBA)
• Indian Banks' Association (IBA) was formed on 26 September 1946.
• It is an association of Indian banks and financial institutions. It is based in Mumbai.
• IBA at present represents a total of 173 banking companies which are operating in India.
• The objective of the association is strengthening, development and coordination of the Indian banking. It also facilitates various member banks.
• Indian Banks' Association is managed by the managing committee. The current managing committee of the IBA consists of a chairman, three deputy chairmen, one honorary secretary as well as 26 members.