K Srinath Reddy, a Padma Bhushan awardee was appointed as the adviser to the Odisha government on 6 March 2017. The announcement was made by Odisha’s Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik himself.
Reddy has been roped in to advise the state government on proper implementation and smooth delivery of the state’s ongoing health service programmes.
A communiqué from the chief minister’s office stated that Reddy would be accorded with the rank of a Cabinet minister along with other facilities.
About K Srinath Reddy
• He is an eminent cardiologist, epidemiologist and the President of the Public Health Foundation of India and World Heart Federation.
• He also serves as the President of the National Board of Examinations that deals with post-graduate medical education in India.
• He is the first Bernard Lown Visiting Professor of Cardiovascular Health at the Harvard School of Public Health.
• Previously, Reddy served as the head of the cardiology department at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
• He has played a pivotal role in strengthening training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health and was awarded Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award by the President of India for the same.