Karnataka Unlock News: Karnataka begins unlock in 19 districts from today, night curfew to continue; Get all details here
Karnataka Lockdown News: The operational hours in the 19 districts will increase from 6 am to 2 pm from earlier 6 am to 10 am. Only shops selling essential commodities will be allowed to operate.
Karnataka Unlock News: Karnataka government will begin easing lockdown restrictions in 19 of its districts from today, June 14, 2021 as active number of COVID-19 cases show a decline.
In the first phase, lockdown restrictions will be eased in the 19 districts of the state where the number of active covid patients has gone down including capital city Bengaluru.
The daily night curfew from 7 pm to 5 am and the weekend curfew from 7 pm on Friday to 5 am on Monday will continue like before. Karnataka had imposed stringent lockdown restrictions on April 27, 2021 to contain the spread of covid-19 cases amid the deadly second wave of the pandemic.
What will be allowed under new guidelines?
• The operational hours in the 19 districts will increase from 6 am to 2 pm from earlier 6 am to 10 am.
• Parks will open from 5 am to 10 am for walkers and joggers.
• Only shops selling essential commodities will be allowed to operate.
• Industries will be allowed to function but only with 50 percent workforce while strictly adhering to COVID protocol.
• The production units, establishments and industries engaged in garment manufacturing have been permitted to function with 30 percent of their staff strength.
• Construction activities will be allowed in the state and shops dealing with construction material, especially cement and steel, outside the containment zone will also be allowed to open.
List of districts where strict lockdown will remain
Lockdown will remain enforced till June 21st in 11 districts of Karnataka with a positivity rate of more than 15 percent - Chikkamagaluru, Shivamogga, Davangere, Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru Rural, Mandya, Belagavi and Kodagu
There will be no change in timings in these 11 districts as the cases are still on the higher side. However, they will have some relaxation like the opening of essential shops
Chikmagalur, Shivamogga, Davanagere, Mysore, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Dakshina Kannada, Bengaluru rural, Mandya, Belagavi & Kodagu are in complete lockdown till June 21. From June 14, these 11 districts will have some relaxation like opening of essential shops: K Sudhakar— ANI (@ANI) June 10, 2021
Karnataka is among one of the worst-hit states in the country during the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic that wreaked havoc across the nation.
The state recorded 7,810 fresh cases and 125 deaths on June 13, 2021 taking the total number of infections to 27.65 lakh and the death toll to 32,913. The state currently has 1,80,835 active cases, while total recoveries stand at 25,51,365 with the recovery of 18,648 people in the last 24 hours.
Eight districts in the state -Yadgir, Ramanagara, Mandya, Kalaburagi, Chitradurga, Chikkaballapura, Bidar and Bagalkot reported no Covid deaths in the past 24 hours.