Karnataka’s Mobile One project on 10 February 2016 won 2016 Best m-Government Service Award at the 4th World Government Summit in Dubai, the UAE.
The project was selected for the award in the One Stop App category at the international level.
To win the award, the Mobile One competed with projects from about 64 countries of which the e-governance apps of the UK and Kazakhstan were also shortlisted.
Features of Mobile One project
• It brings together around 4000 services of multiple states and central government departments as well as private service providers at one place.
• The services can be accessed in the form of an application that include government services like utility bill payments, income and property tax payment, SAKALA services, bus and railway ticket booking.
• In addition, various private services in the categories of healthcare, banking, travel, legal, agriculture and other areas are also provided by the application.
• The services can be accessed as an App on smartphones, a web portal or through short messege service (SMS) and interactive voice response system (IVRS).
• The project was launched in December 2014 by the President Pranab Mukherjee.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 10 February 2016