Czech tennis player Karolina Pliskova on 1 July 2017 defeated Danish Caroline Wozniacki in straight sets to win the Eastbourne International Women’s Singles title.
Pliskova scripted a 6-4, 6-4 victory over Wozniacki in just one hour and 18 minutes.
The win at the United Kingdom's Eastbourne tournament is Pliskova's ninth career title.
Novak Djokovic is the winner of the Men’s Singles title.
About Karolina Pliskova
• Born on 21 March 1992, Karolina Pliskova is a Czech professional tennis player.
• She has won eight singles and five doubles titles on the WTA tour.
• She has also won 10 singles and six doubles titles on the ITF circuit in her career.
• On 31 October 2016, she peaked at world No. 11 in the doubles rankings.
• She reached her first career Grand Slam final at the 2016 US Open, where she was runner-up in three sets.
About Eastbourne International
• The Eastbourne International is a tennis tournament on the Women's Tennis Association Tour and the ATP World Tour.
• It is held at the Devonshire Park Lawn Tennis Club, Eastbourne, United Kingdom.
• The tournament has been held since 1974.
• It is classified as a WTA Premier tournament on the WTA Tour.
• It is played on outdoor grass courts, and is generally considered a "warm-up" for the Wimbledon Grand Slam event, which begins the following week.
Who: Karolina Pliskova
When: 1 July 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports