A Kerala dentist Sajeev Koshy settled in Melbourne on 26 January 2016 was honoured with the highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia.
Koshy was given the award for his service to dentistry in Victoria, Australia. He was honoured on the Australia Day Awards 2016, by the Governor General of Australia.
Who is Sajeev Koshy?
• Koshy has served as the president of the Kerala Dental Council and president of the Indian Dental Association.
• He is currently the head of the endodontics at the Royal Melbourne Dental Hospital, which is the teaching hospital for the University of Melbourne.
About Order of Australia
• The Order of Australia is an order of chivalry established on 14 February 1975 by Elizabeth II, Queen of Australia.
• It is awarded to recognise Australian citizens and other persons for achievement or meritorious service.
• Before the establishment of the order, Australian citizens would receive British honours.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 26 January 2016