Bandhan Bank Ltd on 9 July 2015 appointed its Chairman and Board of Directors. The bank will commence its operations in India from 23 August 2015. It will be the first bank to be established in Eastern India post Independence.
Ashok Kumar Lahiri, former Chief Economic Adviser to the Union Government, was appointed as the Chairman of the bank. While, Chandra Shekhar Ghosh, Founder of Bandhan Financial Services Ltd, was appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the bank. They both will be in the board of directors as well.
Appointment of Directors
• B. Sambamurthy, former Chairman and Managing Director of Corporation Bank
• C M Dixit, Senior Partner at GD Apte & Co
• Prof Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Associate Professor of Finance at Indian School of Business
• Snehomoy Bhattacharya, Former Executive Director (Corporate Affairs) of Axis Bank
• Pradip Kumar Saha, former Chief General Manager at Small Industries Development Bank of India
• Sisir Kumar Chakrabarti, former Dy. Managing Director of Axis Bank
• Bhaskar Sen, former Chairman and Managing Director of United Bank of India
• TS Raji Gain, Chief General Manager of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development
All these appointments are subjected to the approval of the Reserve Bank of India
Logo of Bandhan Bank Ltd
Apart from appointing the directors, the bank unveiled its logo as well, an image of the traditional Indian ‘Diya’. The extensive use of the colour red in the logo is associated with all that's auspicious. The flame or the Diya symbolizes a ray of hope, a new morning.
Between the red colour and the flame, the Bandhan Bank logo holds the promise of good things to look forward to.
About Bandhan Bank Ltd
• Micro-lender Bandhan Financial Services in June 2015 received approval from the Reserve Bank of India to set up a universal bank.
• Bandhan Bank will have 630 branches across 27 States. Nearly 247 of these new branches are expected to be in West Bengal.
• The bank will have two distinct wings. One will cater to the micro-banking segment, targeting the rural and un-banked areas. The other will look at general banking.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 9 July 2015