Korean Scientists developed robot Raptor that can outrun Usain Bolt
Korean Scientists on 1 June 2014 developed robot Raptor that can outrun Usain Bolt, the fastest man on the Earth.
Korean Scientists on 1 June 2014 developed robot Raptor that can outrun Usain Bolt, the fastest man on the Earth. The Raptor was developed by Korean Scientists at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST).
The robot Raptor is very fast, although, robot can run only on a treadmill. The Raptor can run at 46 kilometers per hour or 28 miles per hour much faster than the Olympic sprinter Usain Bolt who run at top speed of 44.7kph (27.44 mph).
The Cheetah is even faster than both Bolt and the robot Raptor. It is capable of running as fast as 47 kph (29.3 mph).
Characteristic Features of Raptor
- The robot has two nimble legs and a mechanism that mimics a tail
- Raptor is a compact, 3kg machine, with legs made of lightweight composite material
- Raptor has feet made from carbon-fiber prosthetic blades.
- Raptor has springs for its Achilles tendons.
- Raptor has a tail that helps keep him balanced, the tail moves back and forth like a spinning counterbalance to keep the robot steady.
- Raptor used its tail to dodge or jump over obstacles like wooden blocks that are placed in its way. It can even use the tail to help it knock some of the obstacles out of its way.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group.