Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara on 3 December 2014 became the fourth batsman to complete 13000 One-Day Internationals (ODI) runs.
Sangakkara achieved the feat of crossing 13000 run during the third match of ODI series with England. He took 386 matches to complete these many runs.
The all-time list of most-run getters in ODI is led by Sachin Tendulkar of India with 18426 runs from 463 ODIs. He is followed by Ricky Ponting of Australia with 13704 runs from 375 ODIs and Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka with 13430 runs from 445 matches.
About Kumar Sangakkara
• Sangakkara made his international debut in 2000.
• He is a left-handed batsman and wicket-keeper. He no longer is wicket-keeper for Sri Lanka at Test level.
• He is just 12 runs short of completing 12000 Test runs. He has so far scored 11988 runs in 128 Tests.
• He dominated the number one spot in the ICC Test batting rankings between 2005 and 2014. As of August 2014, Kumar Sangakkara is placed at number 1 in ICC Test rankings.
• He won the ODI Cricketer of the Year in 2011 and 2013.
• He also won the LG People's Choice Award in 2011 and 2012.
• In 2012, Sangakkara won the prestigious Cricketer of the Year and Test Cricketer of the Year at the annual ICC awards ceremony in Colombo.
When: 3 December 2014