L C Goyal appointed as CMD of India Trade Promotion Organisation
ITPO is the nodal agency of the Union Government under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting country's external trade.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 31 August 2015 approved the appointment of L C Goyal as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the Indian Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO).
Prior to the present appointment, he retired as the secretary of the Union Home Ministry. He was a 1979 batch IAS officer of Kerala cadre.
• It is the nodal agency of the Union Government under the aegis of Ministry of Commerce and Industry for promoting country's external trade.
• It approves holding of international trade fairs in India and regulates holding of various expositions in India primarily to avoid any duplication of efforts while ensuring proper timing.
• It is a Mini-Ratna Category-1 Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) with 100 percent shareholding of Government of India.
• It was established in April 1977 and is headquarted at Pragati Bhawan, New Delhi.
• Among other things, it organizes the prestigious India International Trade Fair (IITF) annually in Pragati Maidan.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App