Larry Page, the chief executive officer and co-founder of Google was named as the Business person of the Year for 2014 on 6 January 2015 by Fortune magazine.
Page came on the top in the list of global corporate leaders’ by surpassing people like Alibaba co-founder Jack Ma and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. The list was compiled by the magazine on the basis of various factors including company’s performance, leadership style and total shareholder returns.
Top twenty people included in the list were
• Larry Page – CEO and Co-Founder of Google
• Tim Cook – CEO of Apple
• John C. Martin – Chairman and CEO of Gilead Sciences
• Montgomery Moran and Steve Ells – co-CEOs of fast food chain Chipotle
• Denise Ramos – CEO and President of ITT
• Bob Iger - Chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Co.
• Ken Hicks – CEO and President of Foot Locker
• Mary Dillon – CEO of Ultra Beauty
• George Scangos – CEO of Biogen
• Jack Ma – the co-founder of Alibaba
• Fred Smith – Chairman and CEO of Fedex
• Carol Meyrotwiz – CEO of TJX Cos
• Mark Zuckerberg – CEO of Facebook
• Elizabeth Holmes – Founder and CEO of Theranos
• Brad Smith – President and CEO of Intuit
• Gary Kelly – Chairman, President, and CEO of Southwest Airlines
• Elon Musk – Chairman, Product Architect, and CEO of Tesla
• Walt Bettinger – President and CEO of Charles Schwab
• Kevin Plank – CEO and Chairman of Under Armour
• Laura Alber – President and CEO of Williams-Sonoma
Other parameters which were included to prepare the list included financial results of the company including 12-month and three year growth in profits and revenues, company's stock performance and total shareholder returns over the same periods. Several non-financial elements like business influence, leadership style and strategic initiatives played a part in evaluation were also included.
Where: in Fortune Magazine
When: on 6 January 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.