Lewis Hamilton on 3 July 2016 won the 2016 Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria.
Hamilton started the race from pole and went on to win the race after colliding with Nico Rosberg on the final lap. As a result, Rosberg finished fourth behind Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer’s Max Verstappen and Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.
About Austrian Grand Prix
• The Austrian Grand Prix is a Formula One motor race.
• It has been held at two different locations in the Zeltweg area located in Spielberg in southeastern Austria.
• It was first held at an airfield there for two years. Then, a permanent race track called the Österreichring was built in 1969 and Formula One first raced there in 1970.
• Each subsequent race has been held there in three distinct periods as the circuit has been redeveloped and sold.
• Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg was the winner of the 2015 Austrian Grand Prix.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.