Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on 27 August 2016 unveiled the 46000-crore rupee, ambitious Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway project in Mumbai.
The project to be implemented by Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation will create state-of-the art road connectivity within a period of three years and give a fillip to investment.
Highlights of the Mumbai-Nagpur Super Communication Expressway Project
• It would be carried out in the Land Pooling model with farmers being made partners and some percentage of developed land given back to them.
• The six-lane super communication highway, connecting the entire breadth of Maharashtra, would require 9000 hectares of land.
• Facilities like CCTV cameras, trauma centres, electronic toll points, two lanes of service roads, utility shifting, bypass, and other structures will be installed to enhance operational and safety standards.
• The 706-km link that will pass through 10 districts.
• It seeks to connect 24 districts with an aim to improve access of rural communities in the east to commercial hubs in the west.
• The project also known 'Maharashtra Prosperity Corridor' will reduce travel time between the two cities from 12-16 hours to six to eight hours.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: Devendra Fadnavis