Mahindra & Mahindra on 22 April 2016 became the first Indian company to join a global energy campaign, EP100, led by an international non-profit group, The Climate Group. It will work with the world's most influential businesses in setting commitments to double their energy productivity.
Mahindra Group chairman Anand Mahindra represented the corporate world at the high-level signing ceremony of the historic Paris climate change agreement at the United Nations on 22 April 2016.
By signing to this campaign, the company committed to double its energy productivity by 2030 which is a core requirement for any business signing on to the campaign.
The concept of energy productivity aligns energy efficiency more directly with business growth and development objectives. If more companies were to adopt energy productivity within their business models, the global fossil fuel bill could be reduced by an estimated 2 trillion Euros (INR 1 crore 52 lakhs crores) and create more than six million jobs globally by 2020.
Mahindra will be among the dignitaries, including UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, French President François Hollande, President of the General Assembly Mogens Lykketoft and UN Messenger of Peace Oscar-winner Leonardo DiCaprio.
Key outputs of the EP100 program will include:
• A strong business case for doubling energy productivity, documenting cost savings for participants.
• A high profile media campaign showcasing why the world’s most influential businesses have committed to doubling energy productivity and how they’re achieving it.
• A dedicated online hub featuring profiles and case studies of the companies that have made the EP100 commitments, along with trends in the wider sector.
• Presentations at global conferences and events to highlight the business case for companies to double energy productivity.
• Technical briefings – developed with leading experts – dedicated to providing the most up to date information on how companies can achieve energy productivity improvements.
• Knowledge sharing across the partner network through peer-to-peer networking events.
• An annual report to highlight corporate progress toward doubling energy productivity and demonstrate business leadership.
• Simultaneous endorsement of companion calls-to-action, including the Global Alliance for Energy Productivity goal to double energy productivity by 2030 and the Sustainable Energy for All objective to double the rate of energy efficiency improvement.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Mahindra & Mahindra
When: 22 April 2016