Mammen Mathew, the Chief Editor and Managing Director of Malayala Manorma has been chosen for prestigious journalism award instituted by a trust founded by Lokamanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak on 31 December 2013.
The Lokmanya Tilak National Award instituted by the Kesari Mahratta Trust for excellence in journalism consist a memento and a cash of 1 lakh rupees. It will be given on the day of celebrations of the trust’s 133rd foundation day at Tilakwada, Pune on 4 January 2013.
About Mammen Mathew
• Mammen Mathew is a senior journalist with an experience of 44 years of working in reputed publications in India and abroad.
• He served as the President of the Editors Guild of India
• He has been a President of Indian Newspaper Society; it is an association of newspaper owners
• He has also been a member of the National Security Advisory Board
• He was the first Indian, Director Trustee of the Thomson Reuters Founders Share Company
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.