The Election department of Meghalaya state has won an entry in the Limca Book of Records for forming a human logo with newly-enrolled young voters of Meghalaya on 1 July 2017.
The information was shared by Limca official Garima Manon with the office of Meghalaya Chief Electoral Officer on 24 October 2017.
• A total of 2870 students from 113 schools, 3 colleges falling between the age group of 18-19 enrolled as new voters and formed a 75 feet by 120 feet size human logo that read Mission Unite- You 'N' I (towards Enrolment).
• The logo formation was a part of a special drive that was launched to enrol young and left-out voters with a special focus on first-time electors.
• The drive was conducted in July at the Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex in Shillong.
• The logo would be featured in the upcoming edition of the Limca Book of Records, which will be published in November 2017.
• The state assembly elections of Meghalaya are expected to be held during February-March 2018.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.