Mercer on 14 March 2017 released the results of the 19th annual Quality of Living Survey. In the survey, while Vienna occupies the first place for overall quality of living for the 8th year running, Hyderabad was adjudged as the best Indian city in terms of living standards.
Highlights of 2017 Quality of Living Survey
• The European cities that figured in the top 10 list are Zurich (2), Munich (4), Dusseldorf (6), Frankfurt (7), Geneva (8), Copenhagen (9) and Basel, a newcomer to the list, in 10th place.
• The only non-European cities in the top ten are Auckland (New Zealand) and Vancouver (Canada). They were placed at the 3rd and 5th position respectively.
• The survey also includes a city infrastructure ranking that assesses each city’s supply of electricity, drinking water, telephone and mail services.
• Singapore tops the city infrastructure ranking, followed by Frankfurt and Munich. Baghdad (230) and Port au Prince (231) rank last for city infrastructure.
• In the infrastructure rankings, Mumbai was ranked the highest at 141, which was followed by Kolkata (149) and Pune (151).
• Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments.
• Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and careers of their most vital asset – their people.
• Mercer’s more than 20,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 140 countries.