Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas awarded with Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG) was conferred with Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award for carrying out various innovative and cleanliness activities over a period of 3 years.
The Union Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG) was conferred with Swachh Bharat Inter-Ministerial Award on 2 October 2017.
The event marked the third anniversary of the Swachh Bharat Mission on Gandhi Jayanti.
Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas received the award on the basis of the various innovative and developmental activities it undertook over a period of 3 years.
Initiatives undertaken by MoPNG
• Project Saraswati - Oil & Gas CPSEs (Central Public Sector Enterprises) launched Project Saraswati in Haryana to tap the ground water resources to deal with severe water crisis in summer.
• Unique zero energy - A unique zero energy based vegetable storage cellars were developed in Nang village near Leh to prevent rotting of farm produce (especially potatoes) due to extreme temperatures.
• Bio-Toilets - It brought about construction of bio-toilets in Leh (J&K) and Mahanandpur (Bihar) thereby making Bharatnagar (Maharashtra), Gandhigaon (Assam) Open Defecation Free localities.
• Swachhta Apps- It administered cleaning Himalayas initiatives by launching Swachhta Apps and organised innovative competitions for clean Himalayas.
• Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan- Oil CPSEs and Joint Ventures constructed more than 20187 school toilets in order to reduce the drop-out rate among girl students due to no-availability of separate toilets which is benefitting more than 5 lakh girl students.