Miroslav Klose of Germany announced his retirement from international football on 11 August 2014. He was the part of Germany team that won the FIFA World Cup 2014 held in Brazil.
During the FIFA World Cup 2014, he scored 2 goals taking his total goals in all the editions of World Cup to 16. With this he became the leading goal scorer in World Cup overtaking 15 goals scored by Ronaldo of Brazil.
He also is the all-time top scorer for Germany with 71 goals in 137 appearances.
About Miroslav Klose
- Miroslav Josef Klose was born on 9 June 1978 and plays as a striker for Lazio in the Italian Serie A.
- He is the Germany's second most-capped player after Lothar Matthau’s 150 appearances.
His World Cup Achievements:
- In 2002 in his debut at FIFA World Cup held in Japan-Korea, Klose , he scored 5 Goals and all were Headers. He was the second highest goal scorer along with Brazil's Ronaldo.
- He became the first player ever to score five headers in a World Cup, and he celebrated two of his goals with his trademark front-flip, earning him the nickname "Salto-Klose" (German: Salto = somersault).
- He won the Golden Boot at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany by being the top scorer with 5 Goals.
- He scored 4 Goals in 2010 FIFA World Cup which was held in South Africa.
- Klose equaled his compatriot Uwe Seeler and Brazilian Pelé's achievements in being the only players to have scored in four different World Cups as well as the only player to have scored at least four goals in three different tournaments.
- Klose set another record by becoming the first player to appear in four World Cup semi-finals.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group