Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Chief Mohan Bhagwat on 9 March 2017 was conferred honorary degree of Doctor of Science (DSc) by the city-based Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University.
Vidyasagar Rao, Governor of Maharashtra, handed over the honorary degree to Bhagwat at the convocation of the varsity. Bhagwat is a veterinary doctor by training.
The RSS chief was honoured with the degree for his contribution in the field of veterinary sciences and social work.
About Mohan Bhagwat
• Born on 11 September 1950, Mohan Bhagawat is the current Chief of the Hindu nationalist organisation Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
• In March 2009, he was chosen as the successor to K. S. Sudarshan.
• He is one of the youngest leaders to head the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh after Dr. K. B. Hedgewar and M.S.Golwalkar.
• He completed his schooling from Lokmanya Tilak Vidyalaya.
• He graduated in Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry from Government Veterinary College, Nagpur.
• Towards the end of 1975, he dropped out of his postgraduate course in Veterinary Sciences and became a pracharak of the RSS.
• From 1991 to 1999, he became Akhil Bharatiya Sharirik Pramukh for India.
• Later, he was promoted as Akhil Bharatiya Pracharak Pramukh.
• At Z+ VVIP security cover, he is one of the most protected Indians today.
Vice President presents Chhatra Vishwakarma, Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana awards
Bharat Ratna CNR Rao chosen for first Sheikh Saud International Prize for Materials
Gandhi Peace Prize announced for years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
PM Narendra Modi conferred with first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential Award