In the final match of Indian Premier League 2013, Rohit Sharma led Mumbai Indians defeated Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs to lift the title for the very first time at Eden Gardens on 26 May 2013.
Mumbai Indians decided to bat first and scored 148 runs for nine in 20 overs. On the other hand, in a chase of 148 runs, the Chennai Super Kings managed to score just 125 runs for nine in 20 overs. This was the first IPL trophy for Mumbai Indians. Earlier they had lost in the finals to the Chennai Super Kings in 2010. Chennai Super Kings, now have lost three times in the final, i.e., in the year 2008, 2012 and 2013.
In the final match between MI and CSK on 26 May 2013, MS Dhoni was highest individual scorer of the match (63 not out for 45 balls).
About Mumbai Indians
• Mumbai Indians is the franchise cricket team of Indian Premier League and it represents the Mumbai city.
• MI is one among the eight founding members of IPL in 2008.
• MI is owned by Reliance Industries through 100 percent subsidiary IndiaWin Sports.
Previous IPL Winners
The previous winners of the IPL are as follows:
• IPL Season 1: Rajasthan Royals
• IPL Season 2: Deccan Chargers
• IPL Season 3: Chennai Super Kings
• IPL Season 4: Chennai Super Kings
• IPL Season 5: Kolkata Knight Riders
• IPL Season 6: Mumbai Indians