Film Dhanak directed by Nagesh Kukunoor on 14 February 2015 won two awards at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival. The 65th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 5 February 2015 to 15 February 2015.
The awards won by the film are:
• Special Mention for the Best Feature Film by the Children's Jury for Generation Kplus
• The Grand Prix of the Generation Kplus International Jury for the Best Feature-length film for which the film received 7500 euro as prize money
The film has been co-produced by Manish Mundra, Kukunoor and Elahe Hiptoola.
The film featuring Hetal Gada and Krrish Chhabria revolves around an eight-year-old visually challenged boy, whose elder sister promises him that his vision will return before his next birthday. This leads to a journey through Rajasthan.
Apart from this,
• Honorary Golden Bear for lifetime achievement: German film director Wim Wenders won the
• Best First feature Award: 600 Millas directed by Gabriel Ripstein
• Golden Bear for Best Film: The Iranian drama film Taxi directed by Jafar Panahi
• Golden Bear for Best Short Film: Hosanna directed by Na Young-kil
What: Won two awards
When: 14 February 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.