Veteran film actress of Hindi and Marathi films, Nanda died on 25 March 2014 in Mumbai at the age of 75.
• She was a daughter of Master Vinayak Damodar Karnataki, a Marathi actor-director
• She worked as a child in early fifties films like Jaggu and Angaarey
• Her first break as a lead actress was Toofan aur Diya of V Shantaram released in 1956. The film revolved around brother-sister bond
• In 1992, she got engaged to filmmaker Manmohan Deasai, who died in 1994 after falling from the terrace. After his demise, she remained unmarried for her life
• In 1961, she appeared in a film as a lead actress in 1961
• Her biggest super-hits as the lead heroine were Ittefaq, The Train and Joru Ka Ghulam
Some films acted by Nanda were Dhool Ka Phool, Dulhan, Bhabhi, Naya Sansar, Jab Jab Phool Khile, Prem Rog, Aahista-Aahista, Mazdoor, Gumnaam, Shor and Parineeta. Prem Rog that was released in 1983 was her last film, the film starred Padmini Kolhapure and Rishi Kapoor.