Narendra Modi visited Brazil to attend 6th BRICS Summit
Narendra Modi visited Brazil to attend the 6th BRICS Summit held in Fortaleza, Brazil form 15 July to 16 July 2014.
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi visited Brazil to attend the 6th BRICS Summit in Fortaleza, Brazil form 15 July to 16 July 2014. BRICS group includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
During the visit, many decisions were taken and on the sidelines of the summit, the Prime Minister also met with other leaders of BRICS nation.
One of the most important decision taken during the 6th BRICS Summit was the creation of 100 billion dollar New Development Bank with equal contribution from all the BRICS countries. Besides, the Summit also saw the creation of 100 billion dollar Contingency Reserve Arrangement (CRA) fund for the BRICS nation.
The Prime Minister on the sidelines of 6th BRICS Summit in Brasilia met with leaders of the BRICS nation, namely President Xi Jinping of China, President Vladimir Putin of Russia, Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff and President Jacob Zuma of South Africa.
Apart from the BRICS leaders, he also met with President Ollanta Humala of Peru, President Donald Ramotar of Guyana and President Dési Bouterse of Suriname
During his meet with Dilma Rousseff, three agreements were signed between the two countries and they were
• MoU on Cooperation in the Field of Environment
• Agreement on Space
• MoU on Cooperation in the Establishment of a consultation mechanism on mobility and consular issues
Prime Minister during the journey of Brazil also inaugurated the new Chancery Building of Embassy of India in Brasilia, Brazil.
During his speech at the plenary session of the 6th BRICS Summit with theme Inclusive Growth: Sustainable Solutions, PM Narendra Modi emphasizing on establishing People to People contact proposed
• 5Ts: Trade, Tourism, Technology, Tradition and Talent to redefine existing paradigmsl
• To establish Sub-national Level exchanges between States, Cities and other local bodies
• Nurturing Innovation, by establishing a BRICS Young Scientists’ Forum so as to explore developing innovative mechanisms of Youth engagement
• Setting up of BRICS language schools; offering language training in each of our languages
• Establishing, Massive Open Online Courses, for making quality education, accessible to all
5th BRICS Summit was held on 26 March to 27 March 2013 in Durban under the theme: BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation. The 7th Summit will be held in 2015 in Russian city of Ufa.
India hosted it’s the third Summit on 29 March 2013 in New Delhi.