Veteran wildlife filmmaker Naresh Bedi on 28 January 2016 was honoured with the V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th edition of the Mumbai International Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films (MIFF 2016).
Bedi was honoured for his outstanding contribution to wildlife filmmaking. He is also credited with filming several rare wildlife moments.
Who is Naresh Bedi?
• Naresh Bedi is the eldest of the Bedi Brothers and a member of the second generation of three generations of Wildlife photographers and filmmakers.
• He is the first Asian to receive a Wildscreen Panda Award, popularly known as the Green Oscars, for his cinematography for the documentary, The Ganges Gharial.
• He is also the first Indian to receive a nomination for the British Academy Film Awards.
• He was honoured by the Government of India in 2015 with Padma Shri, the fourth highest Indian civilian award.
• He is a recipient of the Earth Watch Award of National Geographic Society and Eastman Kodak Award.
About V Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award
• The V Shantaram Life Time Achievement Award was instituted in 1996 in memory of legendary film maker V Shantaram.
• The award is given with an objective to recognise the multi-faceted contributions of an Indian for the documentary film movement.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Naresh Bedi
When: 28 January 2016