Natco Pharma receives USFDA nod to market renal disease drug
Lanthanum carbonate is the salt formed by lanthanum (III) cations and carbonate anions.
Natco Pharma on 14 August 2017 announced that it has received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) to market Lanthanum Carbonate chewable tablets in various strengths.
The tablets are used in treatment of patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).
Natco’s Lanthanum Carbonate tablets are indicated to reduce serum phosphate in patients with end stage renal disease.
About Lanthanum Carbonate
• Lanthanum carbonate is the salt formed by lanthanum (III) cations and carbonate anions.
• It is an ore of lanthanum metal, along with monazite.
• It is used in medicine as a phosphate binder. It is prescribed for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia, primarily in patients with chronic kidney disease.
About Natco Pharma
• Natco Pharma Limited was incorporated in Hyderabad in the year 1981.
• At present, the company has seven manufacturing facilities spread across India with dedicated modern research laboratories, capabilities in New Drug Development, etc.
• The company is well recognized for its innovation in Pharmaceutical R&D.