Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) Altico Capital India on 14 March 2016 appointed former HSBC India chairperson Naina Lal Kidwai as an independent non-executive director on its board.
Kidwai retired as Executive Director on the board of HSBC Asia-Pacific and Chairperson of HSBC India after a 13-year stint in December 2015.
About Naina Lal Kidwai
• Naina Lal Kidwai is an Indian banker, Chartered Accountant and business executive.
• She is also a former President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
• She holds a Bachelor's degree in Economics from University of Delhi and an MBA from Harvard Business School in 1982. She was the first Indian woman to graduate from Harvard Business School and also the first woman to guide the functioning of a foreign bank in India.
• She has also been honoured with the Padma Shri award for her contributions in the areas of trade and industry.
• She has also received ALL Ladies League's Delhi Women of the Decade Achievers Award 2013 for Excellence in Banking.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Naina Lal Kidwai
When: 14 March 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.