The New World Wealth in August 2016 released the report titled The W10: The 10 wealthiest countries in the world. As per the rankings in the report, India is the seventh richest country in the world with a total individual wealth of 5.6 trillion US dollars.
The United States topped the list with total individual wealth held at 48900 billion US dollars. The study ranked the wealthiest countries in the world as of June 2016 in terms of total individual wealth held.
Highlights of the report
• The United States is the wealthiest in the world in terms of total individual wealth held at 48900 billion US dollars.
• China stood second and Japan third, with total individual wealth of 17400 billion US dollars and 15100 billion US dollars, respectively.
• Others in the top 10 club include the United Kingdom (4th position) with a total individual wealth of 9200 billion US dollars, followed by Germany at 5th and France at 6th position.
• India is ranked seventh, ahead of Canada (4700 billion US dollars), Australia (4500 billion US dollars) and Italy (4400 billion US dollars), which came in at 8th, 9th and 10th slots, respectively.
• Australia’s ranking is impressive considering it only has 22 million people living there.
• China was the fastest growing W10 country over the past 15 years (in terms of wealth growth).
• Australia and India also grew strongly. India, Australia and Canada have just overtaken Italy over the past 12 months.
India's Position in The W10 Report
India is the seventh wealthiest country in the world. It figures among the 10 wealthiest countries, with a total individual wealth of 5.6 trillion US dollars.
The ranking of India as one of the top 10 wealthiest countries in the world is largely because of its large population. At least three countries from Asia appeared on the list, while four from Europe made it to the rankings.
About New World Wealth
• New World Wealth is a global wealth intelligence and market research company based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
• It provides customized services to: wealth managers, family offices, real estate professionals, migration platforms and fund managers.
• The organisation interviews over 800 HNWIs every year in order to determine their preferences.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App