New Zealand on 7 January 2014 won the 2-match Test series played against Sri Lanka by 2-0. In the second and final test match played at Basin Reserve in Wellington from 3 January 2015 New Zealand defeated Sri Lanka by 193 runs.
New Zealand won the first test by 8 wickets. The match was played from 26 December 2014 to 30 December 2014 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch.
• Man of the match of first match - Brendon McCullum for his 134-ball 195
• Man of the match of second match - Kane Williamson for scoring 69 and 242* in the match
Some important facts of the series
• Kane Williamson became the fastest batsman of New Zealand to reach 3000 Test runs. He took 71 innings to reach the landmark
• Williamson and Watling unbeaten partnership of 365-run is the highest ever for the 6th wicket in Tests
• Sangakkara in the series scored his 11th double hundred, and now is just one short of Sir Don Bradman's record of 12
• Kumar Sangakkara became the fastest batsman to reach 12000 Test runs, and surpassed Sachin Tendulkar's record
New Zealand from 11 January 2015 will play a seven match ODI series against on Sri Lanka at home before the World Cup campaign kick-off from 14 February 2015.