IT training solutions firm National Institute of Information Technology Limited (NIIT Ltd) on 6 October 2014 appointed Rahul Keshav Patwardhan as its next chief executive officer (CEO). Patwardhan will take charge as CEO on 1 April 2015.
His appointment is part of the implementation of the NIIT's succession plan.
The NIIT board also approved other changes that are scheduled to take place at the senior leadership level in NIIT Ltd in 2015.
NIIT Chairman and MD Rajendra Pawar will continue to be the Chairman of NIIT Ltd, the present CEO Vijay Thadani will become Vice Chairman and Managing Director and P Rajendran will be the Joint Managing Director.
Rahul Keshav Patwardhan
• With an MBA from IIM Calcutta, Patwardhan joined NIIT in 1984 as a production engineer. He was the President of Europe and APAC software business in NIIT Technologies.
• Patwardhan served NIIT till 2004 before joining as CEO of Logica India in 2005.
• He served as Managing Director- Global Application Management of Logica India till June 2011 following which he took the position of Vice President- Global Operational Excellence in July 2011.
• The company was set up in 1981 to help the nascent IT industry overcome its human resource challenges.
• NIIT is a leading Global Talent Development Corporation which builds skilled manpower pool for global industry requirements.
• Today, NIIT is among world's leading talent development companies offering learning solutions to Individuals, Enterprises and Institutions across 40 countries.
• NIIT has provided computer-based learning to over 17000 government and private schools across the country cumulatively impacting lives of more than 10 million students.
• NIIT was ranked 4th in Best companies to work for in India category by Great Place to Work Institute in 2013-2014.
Who: NIIT Ltd
When: 6 October 2014