The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and the Rotary India signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the success of Namami Gange Programme. The MoU was signed on 2 March 2017 in New Delhi.
The MoU was signed by Director General, National Mission for Clean Ganga U P Singh and Vice Chairman of Rotary India P T Prabhakar.
The collaboration would initially focus on synergizing the strength of Rotary International for Ganga Rejuvenation without any additional financial commitment from NMCG.
As part of the MoU, the Rotary India will undertake activities and campaigns to create awareness in schools and communities about Ganga rejuvenation and thereby reducing the pollution flowing into the river.
The MoU is part of the Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti’s efforts to involve voluntary organizations and NGOs into the Namami Gange programme to make it a mass movement.
Features of the NMCG-Rotary India MoU
• As part of the MoU, the Rotary India will support the NMCG through their ‘WASH in Schools’ programme in various schools.
• Rotary India has planned to undertake WASH in Schools programme in 20,000 government schools.
• The programme will be undertaken in government schools and communities located along the river Ganga in the states of Bihar, Jharkhand and Nadia District of West Bengal and other states where Rotary has a strong presence.
• The programme includes the implementation of water, sanitation and hygiene services in the targeted government schools.
• The Rotary India will sensitize all the stakeholders, including school children, teachers, school management and communities on practicing positive health behaviors for improving awareness on sanitation.
• This will be achieved through an integrated learning environment and enabling children to serve as agents of change for their siblings and communities at large.
• The MoU shall remain in force for two years.
Where: New Delhi
When: 2 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.