World No 1 Novak Djokovic of Serbia and Victoria Azarenka of Belarusia on 20 March 2016 won men's and women’s singles titles of the BNP Paribas Open at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Southern California.
Novak Djokovic defeated Milos Raonic of Canada 6-2, 6-0 in the men's final while Victoria Azarenka defeated top seed Serena Williams 6-4, 6-4.
Djokovic won his fifth Indian Wells title and third in a row. He equaled Rafael Nadal’s 27 ATP Masters titles.
On the other hand, Victoria Azarenka lifted her second BNP Paribas Open crown and her 19th singles title.
About BNP Paribas Open
• It is popularly known as Indian Wells open as it is held in Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Southern California.
• It is the largest two-week combined ATP World Tour Masters 1000 and WTA Premier professional tennis tournament in the world.
• It is held annually in March and features the top men and women professional players competing in a 96 singles draw and 32 doubles draw.
• The tournament offers more than 10 million US Dollars in prize money with each of the Champions earning 1 million US Dollars prize purse.
• It is the only professional tournament in the world that provides Hawkeye, the official line-challenge system for players, on all match courts for both main and qualifying rounds.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 20 March 2016