The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill Council (THSC) signed a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Airbnb in Delhi on 28 November 2017.
The MoU aims to provide hospitality skills training to hospitality micro-entrepreneurs in India. Speaking on the occasion, Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dharmendra Pradhan said, “We believe that this partnership will help augment Skill India Mission by bringing in best global practices for the training of small hospitality entrepreneurs.”
The Minister further stated that the domestic tourism has immense potential in India and this partnership will benefit the ecosystem by creating opportunities for women and youth.
• The MoU is in line with the Union government’s endeavour to promote entrepreneurship under the Government’s Skill India Programme.
• Airbnb is the world’s leading community-driven hospitality company, while NSDC is the implementation arm of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
• Through the partnership, the Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Ministry, Airbnb, NSDC and THSC will work together to create an accredited skill development module for hospitality entrepreneurs offering home stay facilities, unique accommodations and local experiences.
• Further, building on Airbnb’s commitment to support Skill India Mission by creating 50,000 hospitality entrepreneurs in India, the MoU aims to empower more citizens, including those living in rural and underserved areas to join the ‘alternate accommodation’ sector and pursue new livelihood opportunities by sharing their homes.
Terms of MoU
The three parties agreed to:
- Establish occupation standards and competency matrices for job roles and develop the courses for hospitality entrepreneurs offering home stay and facilities, other unique accommodations and local experiences for travellers.
- Create standards for certification and accreditation as per the requirements and global benchmarks of Tourism and Hospitality industry for hospitality entrepreneurs offering home stay facilities, other unique accommodations and local experiences for travellers.
- Set the framework for long-term Council-Industry partnership.
- Strengthen the Skilled Labour Pool required by Tourism and Hospitality industry.
Who: NSDC and THSC
What: Sign MoU with Airbnb
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.