National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) was awarded Indira Gandhi Official Language Award for propagation of Rajbhasha ( Official Language) in the company by the Union Government of India on Hindi Divas on 14 September 2013.On 14 September Hindi was adopted as an official language of the country.
About Indira Gandhi Official Language Award
To promote the official Language in the country, the Government of India introduced Indira Gandhi Official Language Award from 1986-82.This award grants to the various Ministries/Departments, Banks and Financial Institutions, Public Sector Undertakings and employees. The following awards are given every year
• Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Nationalized Banks and other Financial Institutions.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Public Sector Undertakings of the Government of India.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Cash Award for writing original books in Hindi by the Employees/Officers of the Central Govt. including the Training Institutes/ Universities under the control of Union Government.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Boards, Autonomous Bodies, Trusts, Societies etc.
• The Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Shield for Town Official Language Implementation Committees.
• NTPC is India’s largest power company.
• It was set up in 1975 to accelerate power development in India.
• NTPC is emerging as a diversified power major with presence in the entire value chain of the power generation business. NTPC is also performs the functions of consultancy, power trading, ash utilization and coal mining.
• NTPC became a Maharatna company in May 2010, one of the only seven companies to be awarded Maharatna status.
• The other Maharatna companies are Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Coal India Limited (CIL), GAIL (India) Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited Oil, Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) and Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
When: 14 September