The Local Organising Committee (LOC) of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 on 27 September 2016 unveiled the Official Emblem for the event. The FIFA U-17 World Cup will be India’s first international football event.
The FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 will be held in six venues across the country during October 2017.
The emblem of the first-ever FIFA tournament in India was designed as a celebration of the country’s richness and diversity of cultures. The logo includes elements of the Indian Ocean, the banyan tree, the kite and the starburst, which is an interpretation of the Ashoka Chakra, an integral part of the national identity.
Each of the elements has been selected for its deep significance in the culture of the country.
Key highlights of the emblem
• The Indian Ocean that serves as the base of the emblem is an integral part of the subcontinent.
• The banyan tree is the national tree of India, deeply rooted in the culture and ethos of India.
• The kite is the symbol of freedom and fun. Popular across the country, it represents the soaring aspirations of India’s young and vibrant democracy.
• The starburst that sits on the top of the emblem evokes festivity and celebration.
• Shaped like the FIFA U-17 World Cup trophy, the emblem combines the global look of the beautiful game with a quintessentially Indian feel.
About FIFA U-17 World Cup
• The FIFA U-17 World Cup is the world championship of association football for male players under the age of 17.
• It is organized by Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
• The FIFA U-17 World Championship is a competition that was inspired by the Lion City Cup that was created by the Football Association of Singapore in 1977.
• It began as a competition for players under the age of 16 with the age limit raised to 17 from the 1991 edition onwards.
• The most recent tournament was hosted by Chile and won by Nigeria.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
When: 27 September 2016
Government institutes Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar
WCD Ministry observes National Girl Child Day 2019; marks anniversary of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
World Integrated Medicine Forum held to advance global cooperation in Homoeopathy
ECI to host international conference on making elections inclusive and accessible